This website is designed to gather content assisting management and operations of NHA. We have been mindful of the principle that good content also needs multiple tools for users to find that content according to their own style of web usage.
These are content finding tools used in this website:
A top horizontal menu is available where hovering your mouse cursor on an item will open available sub-menus. If you click a root menu then the resulting display has a reminder of the hover idea or a detailed menu redisplay as an alternative.
- Our Site Search: In the left coloumn you can see this search box which uses the native search tool from our website software (with some enhancements) to search most of the content in this website. When the search results are displayed, you will see additional options for narrowing your search.
- Google Our Site: In the left coloumn you can see this search box which uses Google to search the content that Google has indexed from our website. This may not cover all content but it does allow use of Google type search terms. The first results are solely for our website but you can then select to search the whole web for the same search terms.
- Google Custom Search: Below the horizonatal menu in the Knowledhge menu is a large search box tailored by us to use the Google Search power across our preselected websites that have information relating to natural history. Please try this one as it is very powerful and targeted to finding content on issues relating to the NHA.
- Tag System: In the left coloumn you can see "Popular Tags Cloud" which automatically chooses tags most used in our website articles. The webmasters are progressively adding key tag words to each article that indicate a topic in the article. These tags are also displayed below each article and can be clicked on to find other articles with that tag. Those tags are also used to give a related article list below each article.
- Expanaded article display: In the Home menu you will find "Tags & Key Words Clouds" which has a larger list of tags and words that could not be easily displayed in the left coloumn.
- Additional tools are used below articles to display Newsflashes, Most Popular & Latest Articles that may also be of interest to the user.
- NHA uses the YouTube service for its display of video. From time to time we check YouTube for interesting related videos and display some in the small display in the left column and more in the some other menus. We welcome suggestions for other like videos to display. You can go direct to the YouTube website by clicking on the YouTube logo at the bottom right of each video rendered in this website..
- NHA uses its own Gallery as well as feeds from the Google Picasa Gallery service for its photograph collection. Many albums are public and a few are restricted to members. You can use the Galleries menu item to access a rendering of those Albums within this website.